A cloud architect collects, compiles, and integrates a wealth of management and automation software from various industry players to create a scalable infrastructure that can be scaled down to very small clusters for small, single-instance workloads. Asynchronous at scale for 99.999% of the time.
Full Stack Common Case: A cloud architect builds, manages, and operates full-stack cloud infrastructure from scratch that is already highly scalable in an enterprise setting. Complete operational control over the backend of their company and a highly compelling product.
Here is a quick summary of a 1-3 years tenure at a CIO, often both CIO and cloud architect at the same time. The work involves developing architecture on the data center- as complex as designing/designing a complex server farm.
- Establish an architecture, planning, and prioritization.
- Establish a technology direction, technology infrastructure, IT-wide standards, and a technology strategy.
- Creating a Development and Operations cadence that aligns the development and operations that are CIO-led or shared by IT leaders.
- Document project plans and acquisition campaigns.
- Establish Capabilities and Requirements to drive strategic change.
Jobs and Scope
This kind of infrastructure gives the business a chance to focus on their mission-critical infrastructure instead of the operational aspects of a cloud-based solution.